Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Mark wrote:
think i am indeed getting done a part of what i hoped and that's
raising awareness that this option in nautilus should be changed and
that the majority of any linux related community is in favor of it. I
don't have hard numbers to back that up but there are no hard numbers
on community users so don't ask the impossible of me
You are being self contradictory. If you don't have any hard numbers, you cannot actually claim a majority at all and yes, finding hard numbers is difficult if not impossible and doesn't really translate into usability anyway. I wouldn't blame you for this. The real problem is that we haven't yet figured out a good community centric approach to usability though many different people are trying. Even in cases, where there some acclaimed usability tests behind a particular change, many Linux users still felt the changes were all wrong. One example is the Slab menu or the new KDE 4 default menu. In the end, all that you have accomplished is to note again, that the Linux community has strong and sometimes deeply conflicting view points and aren't afraid to express them but I think, most of us are already aware of that.

Rahul