Re: [INPUT REQUESTED] fedora-chromium-config and Fedora Workstation

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 6:52 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1. Enable Chrome's auto-detection of DNS-over-HTTPS. It ships as
> > disabled by default in Chrome currently, but it can be set to an
> > 'auto' mode that will prefer DoH if it can determine that the DNS
> > server supports it.
> >

> This breaks corporate VPNs very hard, so probably not.

Could you expand on this please? I'd just like to have some
information to kick back at the requesting parties.

> > 2. Drop the user-agent extension. Ever since the advent of Chrome
> > v100, various sites (particularly those that rely on Cloudflare[2]
> > such as Gitlab.com) have been having difficulties when this is
> > enabled. As its utility is limited (mostly just for metrics purposes),
> > I think the easiest solution is to just remove it.
> >

> I'd like to keep this, and this seems like something where Cloudflare
> should be fixed to deal with it. :(

I have no reason to believe that Cloudflare will do anything about
this in the immediate future and in the meantime our users are
suffering. If you have a better alternative, I'm all ears.

> > 3. There's a KDE Plasma integration extension too, maintained by the
> > KDE upstream. Do we want to install that by default as well?
> >

> Yes, we should!

For the record, I'm talking about:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plasma-integration/cimiefiiaegbelhefglklhhakcgmhkai
 I forgot to include the link in the previous message.