Re: Drawing glitches in virtual machine and Firefox in f35

On Mon, 2021-11-22 at 09:07 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> 	Hi,
> since I upgraded to Fedora 35 I immediately noticed drawing glitches in
> a virtual machine (virt-manager) and since an update to Firefox 94.0
> also there (for example when opening menus), thus I guess it has
> something to do with the graphics drivers or something like that.

If the bug is happening inside a VM, the easiest thing to try is
changing the graphics adapter emulated by the VM. In virt-manager go to
the machine details and one of the entries will be "Video VGA" or
"Video QXL" or "Video VirtIO". Those are the three candidates;
whichever it is on currently, try the other two, and see if it gets
better. VirtIO seems to be the least buggy overall at present for me.
You can also flip the "Display" option (display server) between "VNC"
and "Spice"; spice *ought* to be better in almost all circumstances.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA