Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: Should we have rpm package policies tying extension packages to the GNOME versions they'll work with?

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 03:27:17PM +0000, Gwyn Ciesla wrote:
> I agree that we need some mechanism to keep this working, but Requires
> might indeed be too strict. Would a
>
> BuildRequires >= (the version it wants)
>
> or something help? That way the existing versions would still be in the
> repo, and maintainers wouldn't easily push new versions that aren't
> supported.
>
> Disclaimer, I've not yet finished my first tea.

It's the opposite problem I'm mostly concerned with. However, this would at
least make them FTBFS if they aren't marked as supporting the current GNOME,
which would at least clean up the ones that have been lingering for a long
time.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>