Re: pipewire -- firefox keeps getting lost

Adding Wim to CC list as I am not sure he is subscribed to the Desktop list.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 1:43 PM Lukas Ruzicka <lruzicka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I set it as the default there? It's at the top of the list on the
Output tab and the only one with "Set as fallback" checked.

Yeah, this is the option to set it as a default device :) Funny, ain't it?

I think it has something to do with the options to set specific devices for specific applications on the "Playback" tab. This way, you could route your Firefox sounds through a different device and your Rhythmbox music through another one. I have tried, it's splendid. When, however, such a device does not exist, the playback returns to the default (fallback) one. If the fallback one disappears, but another is present, it would fallback to that present device, so your system should never remain soundless.

It looks like turning the Navi 10 HDMI Audio to "Profile: Off" is "sticky",
so that should solve my immediate problem. (There are also Realtek USB audio
devices, which are the front and rear audio jacks on the system, but those
were _already_ Off, through no known action of mine.)

It is probably clever enough to recognize no output speaker is connected to it and therefore it is inactive.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lukáš Růžička