Re: pipewire -- firefox keeps getting lost

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 7:12 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sooo, on F34 branched, I am now haveing a problem where periodically (not
narrowed down when), Firefox stops making noise. This is my new desktop
system so I'm not doing anything super complicated, but it has built-in Navi
10 HDMI audio, which I'm not using, and a CM106-like device, which I am
(because it has 4.0 surround).

In the GNOME Settings, CM106-like is set as the output. But when I run
pavucontrol, I see that Firefox has decided to switch to the Navi 10 audio.

What happens when you set CM106 as a default device in Pavucontrol? It should remember this choice and fix your problem. If not, I would say it's a bug worth reporting.

You know, there might by still rough edges around Gnome Settings and PipeWire, but you should be able to use Pavucontrol to communicate to PipeWire directly and your choice should stay (unless the device disappears from the system).

Luk

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>