Re: GNOME terminal limits select-all to what's visible

On 2/7/21 02:02, Chris Murphy wrote:
As it turns out there's a bug where copying a large amount of selected
text can cause Terminal to crash. The work around, which I'm
experiencing in Rawhide, is worse than the bug: select-all is limited
to just the immediately visible text.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-terminal/-/issues/288#note_1015588

Any ideas on a work around for the work around? I don't really want to
have to run script all the time just because I might want to extract a
bunch of text, and then have to deal with ensuing encoding problems. I
also don't want to have to track down a replacement terminal
application either. So far my work around has been to just not fight
this and reboot Fedora 33 where the problem doesn't happen.

I went ahead and filed https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/216 to get the Workstation WG guidance on this.

--
Kalev