Re: Multiple Fedora Desktop edition

You are misunderstanding the test cases that Adam referred too have
nothing to do with Chrony other than Chrony happens to be the component
used to test if a service starts and stops correctly

Yes, this is exactly what the tests should do. You are also right about the fact
that it is actually not very important which service is tested here.
I understand Adam's comment as "a sigh".

For F32, we swapped the service already for all our test cases because
the original service had been removed from the installation. We chose
chrony instead because it looked like a service that would stay untouched
for some time - who would want to removea time syncing service, right?
If we decide to remove chrony, we will need to rewrite those tests again,
which will take us time we could devote to something else and the same
can happen anytime soon, which reminds the toil of Sisyphus.

Besides, what good will it do if chrony is removed? It works fine for
RHEL, why does it not work for us?

which could just as
well be done with a service that is already shipped with systemd thus

such as ... ?

List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Lukáš Růžička

FEDORA QE, RHCE