Re: GNOME 3.30.0 megaupdate

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Kalev Lember <kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Dunno what to do wrt the ongoing freeze and getting final 3.30 in F29
> > Beta, I guess it may be too late for that. Any opinions from QA here?
>

> If 3.29 is not what GNOME folks had ever wanted to ship in the Beta,
> why are we hearing about it one week before go/nogo? The schedule has
> been published for what, 9 months? *shrug*

GNOME has been releasing every 6 months on pretty much the same dates
for more than 10 years, and Fedora's schedule is modelled after GNOME's
for the purpose of getting things like GNOME, and other bi-yearly
time-based releases into Fedora. So Fedora knows well what schedule it
needs to adopt to get a .0 version of GNOME into the beta.

With GNOME 3.30 having been released yesterday, on schedule, I'm not sure
how either the Fedora packagers or the upstream could have done things
differently.

As a sidenote, this tone of discourse is frankly getting old. GNOME aren't
there to spite you.