Re: GNOME 3.30.0 megaupdate

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Kalev Lember <kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dunno what to do wrt the ongoing freeze and getting final 3.30 in F29
> Beta, I guess it may be too late for that. Any opinions from QA here?

If 3.29 is not what GNOME folks had ever wanted to ship in the Beta,
why are we hearing about it one week before go/nogo? The schedule has
been published for what, 9 months? *shrug*

I do not like the idea that it is a QA decision to enforce or relax
the schedule. This isn't what freeze exception is intended for. It's
intended for abrasive, ugly, or annoying bugs, that simply do not
qualify as release blocking and the fix for which is unlikely to
itself become a blocker. There is no information presented for QA to
even assess this question as it stands.

The next blocker and freeze exception review is on Monday. We cannot
even get a release candidate until all known blockers are cleared. The
earliest we likely see any kind of compose with 3.30 would be maybe
1800UTC on Tuesday? Haha! Not even two days of testing? That's
comical.

My opinion, since there are few facts to go on to overcome the burden
stated in a written process and schedule for some time, is -1 FE. If
it was important enough to get 3.30 on actual Beta installation media,
it needed to be done before freeze. Not depend on a freeze exception.
That is definitely not how things are supposed to work.

--
Chris Murphy