Re: Adding container-management (podman, docker, origin-clients) to workstation by default

On 2018-03-30 21:39, Colin Walters wrote:
It's obviously not hard to install after the fact, but then neither
is a lot of other things included in Workstation.  The discoverability of non-GUI
apps particularly outside of gnome-software is an issue;

Here is what I get in my terminal if I try to type podman on a system where it's not installed:
[andreasn@audrey ~]$ podman
bash: podman: command not found...
Install package 'podman' to provide command 'podman'? [N/y]

So it seems fairly straightforward to discover, provided you know about it. I'm skeptical to the value of providing non-gui apps in the gui software manager. If you're using the CLI, you're already using the CLI. :) Not saying podman doesn't belong in the default install though, I think having the ability to manage containers out of the box makes a lot of sense.
- Andreas