Re: Adding container-management (podman, docker, origin-clients) to workstation by default

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Why include more than one? If it's a new technology to Workstation I
> think we should choose one and document it well. The problem with
> having two options is you need to document both and that just gets
> confusing for the consumer because docs end up with "Do it like X
> unless you're using Y when do it like"

podman is relatively new and works fairly well now IME, but there are parts
that aren't as mature compared to docker, and it's also fundamentally
different in that there's no central daemon; no docker API.  There are
rather a lot of tools that speak to the docker API, though focus is
generally shifting to Kubernetes as the API.

And speaking of that, `oc cluster up` currently depends on Docker,
although that limitation will probably be removed at some point.

I understand your point, but those are the reasons why I'd say
we currently have everything in the list now.