Re: Workstation WG meeting recap 2017-12-18

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, people can still install the package after the fact, but honestly
> without it (and without the notifications you are suppressing by default),
> people often do not realize the denials are occurring.

This is inaccurate. I'm running F27 with setroubleshoot installed
right now, and when there's a SELinux AVC, I do get a notification,
and I don't have any extensions insalled. setroubleshoot uses regular,
modern desktop notifications, and doesn't depend on the "status icon"
being visible.

> I think we need to get this back in the default install and fix the
> misfeature of suppressing the system tray icon (even if this means
> installing TopIcons+ by default on Workstation).

I don't think re-introducing status icons is a good idea. There's a
reason they were removed.

--
-Elad.