Re: User's Feedback

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:56:21AM +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Kamil Paral píše v Út 09. 05. 2017 v 14:48 +0200:
> >
> > On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Alexander Ploumistos <alex.ploumistos
> > @gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On some web pages something similar does happen: if you switch
> > > layout
> > > mid-typing, the text in the form field is selected and if you don't
> > > take notice, you lose everything typed in the previous layout. I
> > > have
> > > seen it with several forms and facebook's graph search field. Maybe
> > > there is something amiss there.
> >

> > I can confirm this is sometimes happening, but I don't have any
> > example ready at the moment.
>
> You can open e.g. gedit, Ctrl+F, start typing to search, switch
> keyboard layouts and suddenly the search field and all you have typed
> is gone.

I can reproduce this here.

But this seems to be a bug in gedit: if I move the focus from gedit,
it always closes the search window. With focus-follows-mouse this is
easy to do inadvertently, but even with click-to-focus, I might want
to move the focus to another window, e.g. to select select text, and
gedit closing the search popup is very annoying in either case. Most
other programs don't do that.

Zbyszek