Re: User's Feedback

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 2:50 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 04:47:19PM +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>> * Switching between keyboard layouts loses focus (e.g. when you press
>> Super+Space while e.g. typing in a search field you need to click to
>> the search field again to continue typing)
>
> This doesn't seem to be true here. I tried F24 with Xorg and F25 with
> wayland, and in both cases, focus seems to be retained. I tried firefox
> (an entry box and the search box) and gnome-terminal and emacs. In
> all cases pressing super-space switches the layout without moving the
> focus. I have focus-follows-mouse, but this shouldn't matter, since the
> pointer isn't moved.

On some web pages something similar does happen: if you switch layout
mid-typing, the text in the form field is selected and if you don't
take notice, you lose everything typed in the previous layout. I have
seen it with several forms and facebook's graph search field. Maybe
there is something amiss there.

> On a related issue, there was a focus bug with focus-follows-mouse which
> was pretty annoying — with the following sequence: switch workspace,
> move mouse, switch workspace back, the focus would not follow and
> the window not under mouse would have the focus. With F25 / wayland
> this is not an issue anymore.

In wayland, if you have a command running in a terminal in the
background, while you are doing something else, e.g. browsing the web
and the command finishes, when you click on the gnome-shell
notification, which window gets focus? Because under X, even though
the terminal is brought to the foreground, if you type anything, it
will be in the window that previously had focus.