Re: User's Feedback

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 04:47:19PM +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> * Switching between keyboard layouts loses focus (e.g. when you press
> Super+Space while e.g. typing in a search field you need to click to
> the search field again to continue typing)

This doesn't seem to be true here. I tried F24 with Xorg and F25 with
wayland, and in both cases, focus seems to be retained. I tried firefox
(an entry box and the search box) and gnome-terminal and emacs. In
all cases pressing super-space switches the layout without moving the
focus. I have focus-follows-mouse, but this shouldn't matter, since the
pointer isn't moved.

On a related issue, there was a focus bug with focus-follows-mouse which
was pretty annoying — with the following sequence: switch workspace,
move mouse, switch workspace back, the focus would not follow and
the window not under mouse would have the focus. With F25 / wayland
this is not an issue anymore.

gnome-shell and the whole stack has definitely come a long way...

Zbyszek