Re: Atomic Workstation next steps

> On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 10:26 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > > Honestly the best thing you can do to get it working, stable and
> > > better right now is to have people be engaged, paying attention,
> > > testing and fixing issues, the workstation ostree pieces have
> > > been
> > > failing to compose for months, as its non blocking Releng does
> > > not
> > > look at it at all as we have too many other things going on. You
> > > and
> > > your team have to get engaged and work on it if you want it to
> > > change
> > > and be something going forward
> >
> > Asking people to fix one thing a day then recontext-switch into the
> > task the next day is incredibly discouraging to getting things
> > working.
> > So, for now, let's concentrate on goal one: how do we get a
> > workstation
> > ostree built more than once a day? What needs to happen to enable
> > that?
>
> I think Dennis' point is that it seems odd to be talking about doing
> extra work to build it more than once a day when currently it hasn't
> built successfully one time since 2016-10-18.

If I was suggesting that we need to fail the build multiple times a day
and never look at it, that would indeed be odd :-)

But the context of my mail was figuring out a plan to bring effort
going into a build of Atomic Workstation on CentOS CI back to the
Fedora infrastructure.

And one of the main reasons that Colin and others have been working on
that rather than the Fedora build is because the nightly nature of the
Fedora build makes it painful to contribute to.

Speaking personally, the one time I tried to fix the Fedora workstation
build over the last few months, I came up with a fix based on the logs,
committed it, context switched away, and had other things to do the
next day.

Owen