Re: Atomic Workstation next steps

El vie, 03-03-2017 a las 11:30 -0500, Matthew Miller escribió:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:21:56AM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >  * Run the entire Fedora Rawhide compose process out of a cron job,
> > like the Fedora Atomic Host compose. This would likely require us
> > remove Rawhide from the mirrored set, but mirroring Rawhide doesn't
> > seem important - it is presumably a tiny portion of overall Fedora
> > bandwidth usage.
>
> I agree that separating Rawhide out of the main mirror channel would
> be
> relatively low-impact; it's a tiny fraction of the connections every
> day. We might want to offer a nightly snapshot on an optional mirror
> channel or something like this.

Atomic host in rawhide is not done as a separate compose its all part
of the one rawhide compose.

> >  * Run just the *workstation* Fedora Rawhide compose out of a cron
> > job
> > - I don't know how separable one edition is from the overall
> > process.
>

> Right now, it is very, very tightly coupled.
>
> > Goal 7 (future)
> > ===============
> > Have a "rolling stable" stream of Fedora that gets major updates
> > not on
> > a six-month-tempo, but after those changes have seen testing in
> > Rawhide. We already treat the kernel like this.
>
> This overlaps a lot with work Adam and Dennis have been doing (see
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoMoreAlpha for part but not
> all). Have you talked with them?

Honestly the best thing you can do to get it working, stable and better
right now is to have people be engaged, paying attention, testing and
fixing issues, the workstation ostree pieces have been failing to
compose for months, as its non blocking Releng does not look at it at
all as we have too many other things going on. You and your team have
to get engaged and work on it if you want it to change and be something
going forward

Dennis