Re: Distro policy regarding GNOME shell extensions

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Alexander Ploumistos
<alexpl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here is my screenshot, using gnome-software-3.22.5-1.fc25:
>
> That's interesting. Was this a clean installation by any chance?
>
> I have been checking 4 physical and one virtual installations that I
> have here and even though we are on the same version of
> gnome-software, none of them displayed the extensions from
> extensions.gnome.org. The only thing these systems have in common is
> that they were all upgraded to F25 from F24 or F23. I have a freshly
> installed F25 at work, I'll check it tomorrow.

I just checked and the fresh installation displays extensions from
extensions.gnome.org. Besides the timestamps there was no difference
in gsettings. Also worth noting, some users have installed extensions
from extensions.gnome.org (although using the old firefox add-on) and
there are also some extensions which come as default in the
Workstation spin.