Re: Branding Mission Statement - Re: Workstation WG call for agenda 2016-Dec-05

Christian Schaller píše v Pá 02. 12. 2016 v 09:06 -0500:
> Hi, so I haven't put anything on the wiki yet, but here is my current
> proposal:
>
> Mission statement for Branding
> We want to use branding elements in our desktop to create a distinct
> visual identity for Fedora Workstation.
> These branding elements should signal that Fedora Workstation is more
> than just a sum of its parts and over
> time develop instant recognizability of Fedora Workstation in
> screenshots, presentations and daily use.
>
> -------------
> I be happy for input and improvement suggestions from the community
> on this. Be aware that we are trying to
> be systematic about this, so lets do this step by step. This
> statement is meant to clearly show what we want
> to achieve with our branding, so it avoids talking about
> implementation. We will then later talk implementation
> in light of this mission statement.
>
> Christian

I would also like to add that wherever we make UI text changes to
improve recognizability of Fedora we should make sure those changes can
be translated because it has not been the case with quite a few of our
downstream patches we've made. Otherwise it does more harm than good.
I read one review of Fedora 25 and the reviewer complained about Fedora
Workstation not being fully translated just because of one untranslated
 string ('OS Type') in the Settings/Details.
There are not many of them, but apparently even one can ruin the
impression.

Jiri