Re: Branding Mission Statement - Re: Workstation WG call for agenda 2016-Dec-05

On 2016-12-02 15:06, Christian Schaller wrote:
Hi, so I haven't put anything on the wiki yet, but here is my current proposal:

Mission statement for Branding
We want to use branding elements in our desktop to create a distinct visual identity for Fedora Workstation.
These branding elements should signal that Fedora Workstation is more than just a sum of its parts and over
time develop instant recognizability of Fedora Workstation in screenshots, presentations and daily use.

I be happy for input and improvement suggestions from the community on this. Be aware that we are trying to
be systematic about this, so lets do this step by step. This statement is meant to clearly show what we want
to achieve with our branding, so it avoids talking about implementation. We will then later talk implementation
in light of this mission statement.

Christian

Would it be good to add something about "Creating a consistent and pleasant experience"? (except in not-bad-wording like that, of course) I booted a RHEL 7.3 Workstation system the other day, and the transition from boot screen to login prompt was a lot less jarring compared to my Fedora Workstation systems. It felt a lot more like a full experience, instead of just a sum of random technologies put together. I know some movement have been made in that direction, but just want to make sure it doesn't clash with this effort.
- Andreas