Re: Fedora Branding - Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Alex G.S. <alxgrtnstrngl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Making Fedora recognisable doesn't (necessarily) mean having a distinct
>> visual identity, a different one from GNOME.
>

> Then make a compromise and have a Fedora desktop spin dedicated to "pure
> GNOME". Fedora Workstation would benefit from taking an approach that aligns
> it with the Windows 10 and macOS desktop experience.  It would still be a
> GNOME based desktop just the "Workstation Shell" would follow a different
> metaphor. This wouldn't be any different from what Elementary, Solus and
> Endless Mobile have done for their own respective use-cases.

I am not convinced the Fedora project has a sufficient contributor
base to make essentially two Gnome-based spins at the quality either
would like to have.  It would be diluting the limited resources we
already have around testing and integration.

josh