Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Nov 8, 2016, at 12:26, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 16:52 +0000, Alexander Bisogianis wrote:
>> Why show grub in the first place, especially if Fedora is the only OS
>> on
>> the disk?
>
> The designs are quite clear that GRUB should only be shown if there are
> multiple operating systems installed. In particular, we should never
> show rescue kernels in the boot list (unless someone wants to do all
> the work required to make those entries show up only when we're sure
> the main kernel is broken).

What about doing what every single other distro does and have a "Advanced Options for $distro" option? I was reviewing Kubuntu a year or so ago and saw something I really loved, at least on UEFI installs, they added a "System Setup" grub option for dropping you back into the firmware config.