Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 11:40 -0500, Eric Griffith wrote:

> > Would the animation still look good if we did it over the gray noise
> > background that we currently use for the login screen? The upstream
> > designs call for that background to be used from the GRUB theme all the
> > way to the login screen.
>
> Then why do we opt for a generic black background for grub?

We don't, we opt for console mode for grub. This is because last time
we tried using the graphical mode by default, we had too many bugs with
it; IIRC, a few systems where grub wasn't visible at all, and quite a
lot where it was very, very slow.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey