Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On 08/11/16 16:49, Bastien Nocera wrote:

To make it smooth, we'd need to use the exact same texture in all of grub,
plymouth and gdm (easy enough) at the same resolution. Doing graphics at the
grub level is likely to be slow (the RHEL grub with the logo was pretty slow
last I actively tested it), and not have access to all the resolutions that
the OS would.

Why show grub in the first place, especially if Fedora is the only OS on the disk?