Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 11:35:55AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Speaking about Boot, it will be time to visit systemd-boot formerly
> > gummiboot for hardware using efi partition. It seems simple to implement
> > on Fedora Workstation.
> Bootloading is enough of a f**king nightmare to deal with without
> making it harder for ourselves by throwing more damn bootloaders on the
> pile.

As far as I know, the main objection to grub2 is that the configuration
system seems to have been designed by someone who likes levels of
abstraction just a *litttttle* too much. Peter Jones recently mentioned
to me that he's working on a thing which will allow it to be configured
by simple drop-in snippets, making that not so much of a concern and as
a bonus, making grubby obsolete.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>