Re: DNF and PackageKit background data usage

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 09:23:06AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> For that matter, I'm fairly sure I've seen background update
> downloading happen when I was using an Android wifi tether
> connection. I'm pretty sure I remember it blowing my data cap one
> month when I was using my laptop on the bus.

As far as I can see, the default is "unknown". You can set
"CONNECTION_METERED=yes" in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-[whatever] file to change it on a
per-device basis.

The man page for NetworkManager.conf doesn't document this as one of
the properties which can have its default overridden (and says that
anything not documented can't be overridden). I took that at its word;
possibly worth testing anyway. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>