Re: I asked Hacker News what developers want from a desktop, and this is what they said

On 10/24/2016 09:21 AM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> It sounds to me like your single-reboot work is worth continuing. We
> don't need to support strange edge cases.

My remaining concern is this statement from Lennart that I haven't had an
opportunity to understand better:

"However, so far we have quite some concerns about adding this, precisely for
the reason that it pretends to be a reset of everything to the boot-up defaults,
but actually isn't, as a ton of runtime state is retained in /sys and /proc/sys
and other runtime objects."

I don't know what runtime state he's talking about here or whether the risk is
greater than the advantages to avoiding an extra reboot.