Re: Request for review of blocking deliverables for Fedora 25

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:05:03AM +0200, Jan Kurik wrote:
>> Thanks for reviewing the list during the meeting [1].
>>
>> As I have realized from the meeting minutes [1] and from private
>> conversation with Stickster, there is a Change proposal [2] to add
>> OSTree image for Workstation edition. Unfortunately this Change
>> proposal has never been submitted for review nor approved by FESCo. Up
>> to now it is still marked as "Incomplete". As we are far beyond the
>> deadline for accepting Change proposals for F25 release I would
>> suggest to move this Change to F26 release. Is it acceptable for the
>> WG ?
>>
>> If this is not acceptable and the WG would like to push to have this
>> Change in F25, then we can ask FESCo for an exception to add this
>> Change to F25 release. As this Change is "Self contained" and should
>> not have impact on any part of Fedora (except build of a compose), it
>> might be IMO taken to consideration.
>>
>> [1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-09-14/workstation.2016-09-14-15.00.html
>> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WorkstationOstree
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> While the WG and rel-eng have done work to get ready for this Change,
> presently it looks like we are only going to have something
> experimental to offer for users.  Is there any reason that pushing the
> Change to F26 would *interfere* with that offering?

Hi Paul,

this should be agreed with FESCo, however from my POV it is fine to
have an experimental deliverable available for F25, which will not be
publicly announced and then go through the Change process and have the
finalized version available for F26 as a regular deliverable. Please
let me know if you are fine with this approach, so I can open a ticket
to FESCo.

Regards,
Jan

> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>   http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>     The open source story continues to grow: http://opensource.com

Jan Kuřík
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic