Re: Procedure for dealing with 3rd party applications

On Thu, 2016-09-08 at 10:59 -0400, Christian Schaller wrote:
> So what I am saying is that we are probably better of only making
> this a formal issue once there is a formal issue to be had, meaning
> that if I for instance reach out to a vendor and they say thanks but
> no thanks then it is  just as good that that never becomes an
> official Fedora question at all.

The only issue with that is that if nobody knows you reached out to a
vendor and they declined, others might continue reaching out to the
same vendor again and again, maybe with less discretion and annoying
the vendor, which isn't good either.

So it could be useful to still make it public that an app/vendor won't
get in Fedora through this means. However the difficulty becomes to not
do that in a way that it becomes a « wall of shame ».

--
Mathieu