Re: Procedure for dealing with 3rd party applications

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Christian Schaller <cschalle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Workstation Working Group,
> So now that that Council finalized on the 3rd party software proposal in a positive way
> (https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1617)

That's the FESCo ticket.  The Council ticket is:
https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/57

> we need to figure out the details on how we want to approach this as a working group.
> As mentioned in previous discussions and in the concrete proposal there will need to
> be some kind of procurement process here to ensure we don't drag Fedora and Red Hat
> into legal troubles.

You might want to converse with FESCo as well.  They are currently
coming up with text to their third party repository page so that it
doesn't conflict with the Council direction.  At the moment, the draft
text[1] requires repositories to be approved by Fedora Legal and
FESCo.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1617#comment:8

josh