Re: Another Ars review

On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 20:54 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

>  * Author mentions the Skylake fiasco in recommending that users wait a
> > couple months before updating to the new release; familiar suggestions
> > that our distro is unstable. In a sense it's Intel's fault for the bad
> > update, but other distros did not ship this broken update. This could
> > probably have been avoided if our update system was more conservative.
> > It's nuts that we have important packages going from testing to stable
> > in less than a day and we should fix this.
>
> We often joke, but part of the burden of attempting to be first means
> we're the first to hit issues before other distros do (first to fail).
> I agree microcode_ctl should have been in testing longer than a day.
> Adding it to critpath would enforce that.  I think it's somewhat folly
> to assume that any reasonable amount of time in testing is going to
> catch every issue like this.

If it's not in the critpath list it should be, because it's *clearly*
part of the critical path per that definition:

"Packages within the critical path are required to perform the most
fundamental actions on a system. Those actions include: ... post-
install booting"

In case anyone hadn't noticed, comps now works on a pull request basis,
through pagure, so anyone can submit a PR to fix this:

https://pagure.io/fedora-comps

fork and submit a PR from your fork, github-style.