Another Ars review

Hi,

We should all read today's featured Ars article:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/fedora-24-review-the-years-best-linux-distro-is-puzzlingly-hard-to-recommend/

There's a few inaccuracies, but no more than normal for distro reviews.
It's good feedback at any rate.

Highlights:

 * Author plainly states that he thinks Fedora is better than Ubuntu
and Mint
 * Author thinks we released too soon, should have waited for a kernel
upgrade. (I don't think it makes sense to consider the kernel in the
schedule....)
 * Author mentions the Skylake fiasco in recommending that users wait a
couple months before updating to the new release; familiar suggestions
that our distro is unstable. In a sense it's Intel's fault for the bad
update, but other distros did not ship this broken update. This could
probably have been avoided if our update system was more conservative.
It's nuts that we have important packages going from testing to stable
in less than a day and we should fix this.
 * Author praised GNOME Photos and GNOME Calendar... even though
they're not installed by default. (Let's change that!) He also praised
Maps.
 * Author says Flatpak support in Software is still unstable. That's
being worked on.
 * Author is disappointed that Flatpaks don't use the system fontconfig
settings, says it makes Flatpak apps look inconsistent.
 * Author heaped praise on the new font settings. He didn't notice the
changes that went into Freetype, though, so GNOME got perhaps more
praise than deserved, but I can live with that. ;)
 * Author is also pleased with QGnomePlatform

Some inaccuracies I found:

 * Author dinged us for not having Chromium, but we do have Chromium in
our repos. It's because it (presumably) has no appdata file, so it
doesn't appear in Software. Who wants to fix it?
 * Author dinged us for not having VLC, but this is really unfair; he's
probably not aware of the legal issues.
 * Author doesn't realize that our graphical upgrades are already
working for F23 -> F24, suggests users must wait until F25 to see how
well the upgrade works.
 * Author thinks the PackageKit command-not-found helper we've had for
years is new and related to dnf.
 * Author thinks spins are variants of WorkStation... and somehow
decided to camel-case our name
 * Author thinks we're on an eight-month release cycle (sad!)

Michael