Re: coredumpctl integration for F25

On Thu, 2016-05-12 at 23:26 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Yet further up in the thread there are people saying that it's not
> suitable for outside of developers.

It's not suitable for non-developers in the sense that no command line
program is ever suitable for nontechnical users, but it's not somehow
inappropriate to have enabled on all systems. It's a tool that makes
debugging and bug reporting easier, but it's not a distro bug reporting
tool. ABRT remains our distro bug reporting tool.

Basically: if you want to work with core dumps, you probably want to
use coredumpctl (though understandably the ABRT folks prefer abrt-cli).
If not, you don't care. Status quo is that we have coredumpctl
installed and broken by default.

Michael