Re: More test coverage for Boxes

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 09:41 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:

> The more complete picture AFAIK is that virt-manager is part of the
> workflow
> for some fedora QA people, while gnome boxes is something that they
> (maybe)
> test. virt-manager/virt-install have at least one feature that boxes
> lacks
> that I know QA use often, and that's installing directly from a URL
> tree by
> pulling down kernel/initrd. Saves having to fetch an iso for quick
> tests

Zeeshan, is that something that we could add to boxes ?

I'm afraid that qa people may very well make use of some of the
"toolbox" aspects of virt-manager that are not present in boxes - like
being able to set up very specific vm configurations in the UI.

But if we can make "boot this image in boxes" level qa easier by adding
a hidden "install from url" feature, we should maybe investigate that.