Re: Another round of default app discussion

On 03/14/2016 10:19 AM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-03-14 at 09:09 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> In general, I agree with Michael that Evolution is fairly complicated
>> and
>> perhaps overpowered for an average user. That said, an email client
>> is expected
>> default functionality on a new computer
>
> Really? Or is it only expected for Linux distros, which are normally
> installed by power users?
>
> I don't think I've ever bought a Windows computer that came with a mail
> client, but it's been a while; maybe they all do nowadays?

MS has shipped with Microsoft Mail since Vista, IIRC.

>>  and the backlash we would receive for
>> not shipping one at all would be significant.
>
> Hm, if you really think there would be backlash, then I agree we should
> keep it.

Like I said, I think it would be a problem not to have any at all. I don't
particularly care if it's Evolution. (anecdote: I actually switched back to
Thunderbird myself a few months ago, because Evolution was eating too much CPU
processing my obscene volume of mail)