tracker

Hi,

I don't often have to compile things, but today compiling a kernel and
I see tracker-* stuff soaking the CPU at 100% for several of these
things and piles of messages in the journal.

Is there a way to tweak this by default? Maybe have it only index when
the computer isn't being used? Maybe not at all when so many temporary
changes are happening all at the same time like during compiling? I
shouldn't have to know to create an embargoed area within my home
directory to keep this tracker thing from going nuts like this. If I
should file an upstream RFE let me know what component to set it
against, the default behavior is not friendly in my opinion - kinda
reminds me of OS X Spotlight.

Thanks,

--
Chris Murphy