Re: Dropping i686 media for F24

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 03:07:25PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> (I'd bug Smooge for different slicing and updated numbers, but he's
>> busy doing datacenter stuff this week and I've already overbugged him.)
>
> I now have these updated numbers. For Workstation over the course of
> 2015, it's 20%. This is a lot higher than I expected given that 64-bit
> is given prominence on <https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/>.

VMWare/VirtualBox are other candidates.  For some reason people use
the 32-bit versions of those and choose 32-bit images.

> (Although I wonder if it has something to with people skipping past the
> header and green button when looking for something to click, and going
> right to the "Other Downloads" column. It'd be interesting to do some
> web design A/B testing....)

Were your numbers only for downloads, or were they for updates?
Existing installs are a pain to convert so if the numbers included
installs then you're dragging in a lot of pre-existing users.

josh