Re: Proposed default app changes for F24

El 04-01-2016 16:43, drago01 escribió:

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Sun, 2016-01-03 at 20:38 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote: The issue with GNOME Music is import from CD which >>still remains one of popular media. Still more work to do according to the roadmap[2]. Hm, good point, that is >>important, though I suspect most users don't have any music CDs... I actually just discovered yesterday that my >>computer has a drive for CDs. :)

CDs in 2016? Where did you get that time machine from? ;)

Some maintain the pleasure of listening to our music in a lossless format. In addition, music CDs are still on sale and overcome any vorbis files.

In my opinion should be remove any chat application on fedora (Included GOA). No maintenance of existing applications and certainly need an XMPP and SIP client with good support. Until that happens is not necessary to include something.

Moreover Gthumb should replace Shotwell until Gnome-Photos have advanced features (that includes a replacement for EOG, as Sushi in Nautilus).

Finally Gnome-Music needs much more development and maintenance to replace Rhythmbox. For now Rhythmbox is an essential piece of software.

Cheers
--
Bastián Díaz