Re: Fedora Developer Edition

Ryan Lerch píše v Čt 19. 11. 2015 v 08:50 +1000:
> Just wondering if anyone has looked at packaging up the Firefox
> Developer Edition for the Fedora repos
>
> If it is possible, it seems that this would be a good inclusion for a
> lot of the target audience in Fedora Workstation.
>
> cheers,
> ryanlerch

Hi Ryan,
do you have any particular reason why it should be included? I must
admit that when I first spotted Firefox Developer Edition I also
thought it would be a good fit for Fedora Workstation, but I spoke with
the Firefox guys and they don't think it's bringing a lot of value.
From what they told me, it's basically a development version of Firefox
with installation of unsigned extensions permitted and with a couple of
devel extensions pre-loaded. That's it.

Of course, anyone is free to package it, but speaking for the Firefox
team in Red Hat, we don't see such a big value in it to spend time on
packaging and maintaining it. Especially when we have so many priority
things to do.

For the future, it'd be great to get Mozilla on board with XDGApp so
that they can ship it to our users themselves.

Jiri