Re: Fedora Developer Edition

> Ryan Lerch píše v Čt 19. 11. 2015 v 08:50 +1000:
>
> Hi Ryan,
> do you have any particular reason why it should be included? I must
> admit that when I first spotted Firefox Developer Edition I also
> thought it would be a good fit for Fedora Workstation, but I spoke with
> the Firefox guys and they don't think it's bringing a lot of value.
> From what they told me, it's basically a development version of Firefox
> with installation of unsigned extensions permitted and with a couple of
> devel extensions pre-loaded. That's it.
>
> Of course, anyone is free to package it, but speaking for the Firefox
> team in Red Hat, we don't see such a big value in it to spend time on
> packaging and maintaining it. Especially when we have so many priority
> things to do.
>
> For the future, it'd be great to get Mozilla on board with XDGApp so
> that they can ship it to our users themselves.
>
> Jiri
Hi Jiri,

The main motivation for the initial email was that i had a Web Frontend developer ask me how to install it. He had just installed Fedora 23 (coming from a Mac), and was wondering how to install it.

Becuase it comes as a pre-shipped binary, it doesnt set up a .desktop file, so for a new Fedora user, he really had no idea how to start it.

cheers,
ryanlerch