Re: Instant Messaging in Fedora Workstation

>> Empathy, which is our default IM client, has been dead upstream for some
>> time, so I'd like to start a discussion about what instant messaging
>> experience should look like in Fedora Workstation.

This will largely be determined by whatever decisions are made
upstream in the GNOME project. (Chat is integrated into several key
GNOME modules - such as the shell and the control center - so it's not
simply a matter of switching packages around.)

That said, I'm sure that the GNOME release team would welcome input on
the subject. (They have discussed this subject recently themselves.)

Allan