Re: RFC: F21 Workstation flyer

Hi Ankur,

On 01/14/2015 01:53 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
I'm not a font person - I received some feedback on the marketing ticket
about fonts and did a little research - Cantarell is a good font for
screens, but the web said Helvetica and friends were better fonts for
print.

This is really easy to change, though. I could ask the font sig what
they think.

We've recommended Cantarell as the copy font (and Comfortaa for headlines) for a while in the brand guidelines [1] but we are likely going to change that with the new website / Fedora.next branding stuff.

We're using Open Sans [2] on the new Fedora website - it's definitely designed with print legibility in mind so you might like using it instead. I think we're probably going to drop Comfortaa for headlines at some point so using Open Sans for headlines as well is probably okay.

~m

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuideline

[2] http://www.opensans.com/