Re: Make Yumex Default Package Manager

On 7 November 2014 18:59, Zach Ploskey <zach@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I might want to install some related packages that enable
> some extended functionality but don't show up in Software.

We do have metainfo for that in F21:
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2014/06/11/application-addons-in-gnome-software/

>  I would like it
> if there were an easily accessible toggle switch to show or hide libraries
> and CLI applications in searches. To me this seems to be a reasonable
> compromise.

If we enabled this "mode" they'd be thousands of items, all with the
same icon. Like Mo says; it's a different app. You want a GUI
application you use gnome-software. You want a package GUI, use
gnome-packagekit. I think trying to mush the two into one coherent
application would end up in an installer application that does neither
very well at all.

Richard