Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi.is@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Is the login screen not a good place for this?  If the user installed
>> > the system, surely they know what it is.  If the user did not, they
>> > must login and could see a logo at the login screen.
>>
>> Not necessarily, in a number of cases. One is in institutional use, where
>> the system may log into a shared account automatically.
>
> Maybe via the default Fedora wallpaper? I know there are legal issues
> with putting the logo there, but we already have wallpapers to go with
> each release. We can improve that.

I like the wallpaper idea.  I'm not sure what the legal issues would
be, aside from perhaps trying to keep the backgrounds "clean" for
remixes to use.  Perhaps the design teams knows more.

>> Another is in
>> conferences or other places where Fedora may be seen in use. If someone is
>> giving a demo at a meetup using Fedora Workstation,
>
> I use stickers for that.
>
> We are not going to have branding show up on the screen while someone
> is actually presenting something on the projector. A big (f) sticker
> on the laptop is much more visible than a tiny logo on the shell
> chrome.
>
> I am sure the big white glowing apple on the laptop's lid is much more
> visible than a tiny black logo on the Mac OSX desktop.

I agree entirely, and I'd encourage people to put stickers on their
machines when they can.  Some can't though.

josh