Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

On 10/02/2014 10:38 AM, Ray Strode wrote:
In the bigger picture, we need to differentiate
ourselves from the real competition (OS X and Windows), and we can
achieve that by providing a superior user experience and a better
developer story.

To this point, Apple has a monochrome apple in the upper right corner of the OS X desktop.... unless it's been taken away very recently?

Windows 8 appears to have one in the lower left corner, but I don't know enough about it to know how much this screenshot differs from the default config: http://fishingforedtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Screenshot-12.png

That being said, the new Windows logo is essentially a representation of the tiles UI, so the tiles UI itself is a form of a logo sort of. It's definitely more integrated a brand than OS X.

I agree with what you're saying here, but I don't think that translates to "so we must have no logos ever, at all on the desktop"

~m