Branding concerns about workstation

Hi folks,

Christian and I talked about some of the points brought up in this thread this morning and we agreed that a good way forward would be to come up with:

(1) A written policy on how we brand Fedora, and also

(2) A documented process that can be followed when there's a request to change that policy.

I'm going to go back through this thread (and some of the other related ones that have popped up over time, this seems to come up cyclically lately) and talk to some of the stakeholders involved (including Matthew from the Fedora POV, one of the RHEL product managers from the RHEL POV since our branding ability affects RHEL, Jakub who is one of the GNOME shell designers) to list out all of the goals / needs we have and various possibilities to address them that won't compromise the design but also achieve the goals we have (if that's possible :) Let's be optimistic and assume it is.)

I am going to reach out to some of our Red Hat corporate branding folks too since a lot of them have deep experience on this sort of problem space not just from RH's perspective but from their work at other companies and see if I can't find someone to advise us from that sort of third-person / objective POV as well - maybe they might have some good insight or solution we haven't considered.

I have a few other things to tie up today but I will have a rough draft at a problem statement written up this week and will start some other documentation too (e.g. going through the thread and pulling out potential suggested solutions, etc.) I will keep this list posted and keep things open so anybody can have the opportunity to suggest ideas / provide feedback / etc.

~m