Re: F21 Workstation System Requirements - recommended resolution

On 09/16/2014 06:11 PM, Liam wrote:
On Sep 16, 2014 8:53 AM, "Bastien Nocera" <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
 > Did you read this?

http://blogs.gnome.org/aday/2014/08/27/gnome-design-saving-you-space-since-2009-or-so/

Just because it is better than it was doesn't mean there isn't more
extraneous space that could be trimmed.

Exactly.

Compare:
http://i.imgur.com/xYR9GxV.png
vs
http://i.imgur.com/SOKXmI4.png

Many more items can be seen in the second picture. Not only that, but I find the latter layout to be more appealing without all that extra white space.

Information density is important. Stock Gnome kinda fails there. We are developers, not tourists ogling the beautiful sight that is Gnome's theme (that said, I think it could be just as visually appealing - if not more so - if the extra padding was cleaned up).

-Adam Batkin