Re: Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 08:27 -0400, Donald Buchan wrote:
> Beyond the question of "serious and ready for work" impression its
> inclusion provides

I'm sympathetic to both sides of this discussion, since it would be easy
to feature LO in the software center and would save a considerable
amount of space, but I think the advantages of coming with a
full-fledged office suite pre-included (at least Writer and Impress, and
probably also Calc) probably outweigh the downsides. One of the biggest
reasons users will hesitate to switch from Windows to Fedora is "can it
run Office?" Well, it comes with an office suite. It's a workstation.

F21 will be a great release either way.

Michael