Re: ABRT?

Hello Jakub,

----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a new version of ABRT which should have Bugzilla disabled
> in GNOME by default. So, it won't be necessary to remove any package,
> everything will be done on ABRT side. Unfortunately, I cannot release
> the updated packages until we upgrade the Fedora's ABRT server. And I would
> rather hear some feedback before I push those changes to upstream.
>
> See: https://github.com/abrt/abrt/wiki/GUI-Shortened-Reporting

Could you please explain what the differences are in the workflow? One of the
problems of having to input comments before the report is done is still there,
and users still need to wait in front of the dialogue when reporting bugs
against the ABRT server.

I also note that the core dump uploading, which gdb engineers advised against,
is still there for all the reports sent to the ABRT server. I think that ABRT
should be able to setup a fuse-like share to gather the debuginfo from, without
having to upload a potentially huge core file. That also means that the process
of unpacking/preparing the packages for gdb can be started much earlier (before
the core dump would have reached the server in the old case).

Finally, I'd still prefer a way for the stack traces with mini-debug that should
already be available on the system to be uploaded without interaction. Full debug
traces could be sent out as additional information to those reports (whether they
end up in Bugzilla or just on the ABRT server).

Cheers